Monday, April 13, 2009

Better get the paintbrushes cracking

Got quite a few emails from concerned friends that I hadn't posted since that last rather alarming St Petersburg post, but I am home safe and sound. Just was really sick for a week or so, recuperating from the stress of so much work-related travel in the spring.

Anyway, the paneaux are up! The official signs directing people to my Studio-Art Gallery went up a few days ago, so yesterday I moved my 2CV, the lawn mower, wheelbarrow and summer furniture and stash out of the erstwhile garage/winter storage area, took down the washing lines, and scrubbed the floor.

Also have spent a few days readying land for my potagé, in which I plan to grow lettuces, tomatoes, carrots, onions, potatoes, radishes, courgettes, potatoes, leeks, green peppers, and herbs.

Last night I heard the first nightingales lilting and plaintive songs. Creative spring juices are flowing all around...

No comments: