Friday, February 10, 2012

From 40 F to 40 C

After the frigid and snowy weather in France, it was been a great relief to escape to Cape Town to visit family and old friends.

I am staying in one of my favourite places in the whole world, scruffy and chic little Kalk Bay.

Typical day begins with a plunge in Dalebrook tidal pool, breakfast at Kirstenbosch with an old antiquarian book dealer friend, lunch at the old wine estate Alphen in Constantia with other family friends, and dinner at the fancy and delicious restaurant owned by French chef Franck Dangereux, The Food Barn... I could definitely get used to this.

One thing for sure, I would rather die in fire than ice.

2 comments:

Dominic said...

Happy for you, but jealous. Stunning harbour colours.

Joe Monkman said...

Kalk Bay! I remember it well. Enjoy!