Friday, January 29, 2010

Concert at the Chateau

I thought I was being so discreet at the concert last summer in the courtyard of a beautifully restored castle near Gourdon that no one would notice me, tucked behind some bushes scribbling on stretched paper with pencils and watercolours.

It was a magical evening. The glow of the late summer sun turned the sky a pale green gold and small stars emerged in the darkening royal blue skies, while Schubert and Chopin enchanted the audience.

Yesterday I got a call from our host. Not only had he noticed me but he had tracked me down and wanted to buy the picture. I have just found it, after rifling around my studio all afternoon, still stuck to the board.

Temperatures are barely creeping above 0 degrees at the moment. How nice to be reminded of long summer evenings and why I love living here.

No comments: