Friday, April 20, 2012

Circling

Friends surprised me this morning at ten to find me in bed. Very embarrassing as I had turned down their dinner invitation because I have an end of April deadline to finish a book.

I explained that I need to faff around  most of the day before the panic builds up and I am able to overcome the negative magnetic field repulsing any approach towards my drawing table.  I don't know why this happens. Once I actually start working I really enjoy it, but this happens day after day, and then I work until three or four in the morning.  One of my friends compared it with a bitch needing to circle and circle relentlessly before giving birth to a litter of puppies.  OK, I can relate to that.

This is an illustration for the book, Ready and Waiting, for Eerdman's. I haven't quite worked out how to resolve the faces and wish I could leave them blank, but the editors will have none of it.

No comments: