Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not an international conspiracy...

I know we all have days like this. Everything seems to be conspiring against one. The Russian Consulate in Paris insists that I apply for my visa in person. Air France won't let me fly out of Paris to Moscow without first flying up from Toulouse, the hotel in Paris won't let me cancel a booking made half an hour earlier without a 100% cancellation fee, the French railways are going on strike on Thursday all resulting in a huge and exasperating waste of time and money. So I made a cup of tea and was enticed outside by lovely spring birdsong. Suddenly I noticed that the sun has burst open the tight buds on the my prune trees, and when I went a little closer, my neighbours spring lambs came running over to greet me. Sometimes, we need to remember that we are not necessary Kafkaesque targets of bureaucratic red tape. We just need to calm down and get a little perspective. To be continued...

2 comments:

Our Juicy Life said...

we feel the spring down here too...it's amazing, kind of snuck up on us over the last week. The birds are singing, the bees are buzzing. Those spring lambs and so adorable.

M said...

Lovely post.

I hope things work out for you. What a lot of hoop jumping you need to endure!